Apply On The Web
Apply on line now getting along the aisle quicker. Print out of the confirmation web web page and carry it into our workplace and your your partner. Our address is workplace of this Clerk and Recorder, Webb Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 101 in downtown Denver.
Our offices are available 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., through Friday monday. Our company is closed on municipal holiday breaks.
If you work with assistive technology and tend to be struggling to access the information for the papers, please contact the marriage division.
Needs & Procedures
Just how to make an application for a married relationship or Civil Union permit
To try to get a permit, both you and your spouse must can be found in person on the job associated with Clerk and Recorder, on the first flooring associated with the Webb Municipal business building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver.
Save time by applying online. Take a look at this guide that will help you sail through the application form procedure.
Our workplace hours are 8 a.m. To 4:30 p.m., through Friday monday. Our workplace is closed on municipal holiday breaks.
Concerns you will be expected
- The date that you’re engaged and getting married
- What your location is marrying (permit only legitimate in Colorado)
- The precise date and location of one’s divorce or separation or past partner’s death. Both events needs to be in a position to offer these details. You must provide the name of your partner in the civil union if you were previously in a civil union and are marrying someone else.
- Know your relationship if related by bloodstream
- The town and state where moms and dads of both ongoing events had been created
- The wedding permit cost is $30, payable by cash, credit or check card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). A listing of charges can be located here.
- You may possibly marry in the front of the judge, via a ceremony that is religious or by self-solemnizing (this means you marry by signing the certificate yourselves)
- The certification must certanly be finalized in Colorado within 35 times through the date the permit had been released
- The finished wedding certification (and license that is attached must certanly be came back to the Clerk and Recorder for recording within 63 times after solemnization. From then on date, belated charges will apply
- Bloodstream tests are not necessary in Colorado, and there’s no period that is waiting
- Candidates will not need to be Colorado residents
You view publisher site and your meant spouse each must provide one of these simple legitimate types of recognition
- U.S. Driver that is state-issued permit or allow
- U.S. State-issued ID
- U.S. ID that is military
- Passport this is certainly bilingual or multilingual and includes English or passport with a certified english language interpretation if non-English
The name regarding the permit will appear just as it really is from the IDs offered to us.
You need to give a Social Security quantity when you yourself have one. If one associated with events won’t have a Social Security quantity (these are typically from a different country or they’ve been in the act of acquiring U.S. Citizenship), they’re not expected to get one getting hitched.
Take note: Birth certificates, baptismal certificates and Foreign Consular IDs are not acceptable kinds of recognition for wedding or civil union licenses. A delivery certification might be employed to verify date of delivery when presented along side one of several legitimate kinds of recognition in the above list.
Ceremonies, Officials & Personal Solemnization
Your wedding must be solemnized; then the wedding application and certification should be recorded.
A married relationship can be solemnized by an officiant that has been ordained or acknowledged by a spiritual denomination, a judge of a court, a retired judge, a court magistrate, a general public official whoever capabilities consist of solemnization of marriages, an indigenous American tribal official or anybody you like who is ordained.
Clergy ordained away from state do not need to be registered in Colorado to do a marriage.
Denver County Court keeps a summary of judges whom perform weddings through the on weekends, and in the evenings week.
The official that is solemnizing finish your marriage certification.